Anticipating a major breakdown with the first round of shots on Tuesday, we got up extra early on appointment day and were ready in record time - one hour before the actual appointment. Taking the elevator to the office I thought about maintaining a calm exterior to avoid exciting the little one. We walk in, strip down to the pamper for annual weighing and hear the loudest scream from the room next to ours. The baby sounded as if he was equipped with a microphone, making the screams fill our room, the waiting room, and possibly the entire surrounding metropolitan area. Before the shot-talk we weighed in and were amazed at the big 11 pounds and 12 ounces appearing on the scales and he came in at 23 inches long. "I can't believe he's gotten so big," the doctor remarked. Now, at 6 weeks big is good. You get to be my age and no one wants to hear b-i-g :o) Well, all of my anxious shot thinking was a wash because I mixed up the dates and we actually go back next month for scream session. Whew!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Shot Day?
Anticipating a major breakdown with the first round of shots on Tuesday, we got up extra early on appointment day and were ready in record time - one hour before the actual appointment. Taking the elevator to the office I thought about maintaining a calm exterior to avoid exciting the little one. We walk in, strip down to the pamper for annual weighing and hear the loudest scream from the room next to ours. The baby sounded as if he was equipped with a microphone, making the screams fill our room, the waiting room, and possibly the entire surrounding metropolitan area. Before the shot-talk we weighed in and were amazed at the big 11 pounds and 12 ounces appearing on the scales and he came in at 23 inches long. "I can't believe he's gotten so big," the doctor remarked. Now, at 6 weeks big is good. You get to be my age and no one wants to hear b-i-g :o) Well, all of my anxious shot thinking was a wash because I mixed up the dates and we actually go back next month for scream session. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How cute is he!! And getting so big! I am so happy for you. Thanks for the blog, I am enjoying the pictures and updates!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture!
ReplyDelete